If you haven’t already played Town of Salem, let us first dive in to know what the game is about. Town of Salem is an online multiplayer social deduction game that involves convincing, lying, and detecting others’ lies. The game can be played by 7-15 players, where the players are randomly assigned different roles.
The players are divided into three major groups, namely 1) Town roles 2) Mafia roles and 3)Neutral roles. As a town role, your goal is to catch and eliminate the mafia roles. On the other hand, as an evil role, you are assigned to kill the town members at night without getting caught.
Whispering in Town of Salem
If you have played Town of Salem, you are already aware that secrecy is an important factor in accomplishing your goals efficiently and without blowing your cover. At the same time, one needs to convey their message to their allies without getting caught. So, what does one have to do if one wishes to sneak their message without being noticed? You whisper.
Now how do I do that, you ask? Well, you Whisper.
To whisper in Town of Salem you simply type in the chatbox the following:
- /w *player number you want to whisper to* [message].
- You have to write in chat, “/w” *player name you want to whisper to* [message for them].
- You can also use the “/whisper” command to whisper. But make sure there’s a space between the command and the name/number.
For example, /w 7 I know who the killer is!
/w :- means you are trying to whisper/the whisper command.
7 :- is the player number you want to convey the message to.
[I know the killer!] :- is the message you want to pass on.
Some tips related to whispering in Town of Salem:
- You can whisper during the day only.
- If you’re dead, you can’t even whisper
- The notification appears which mentions who you are whispering to but the not message.
- You can’t whisper if you have been blackmailed.
- Blackmailers have the ability to hear and understand what people are saying behind their backs.
- As a Mayor you cannot whisper or be whispered to, if you are already exposed.
In conclusion, the whispering option adds a little twist to the game. Town of Salem is a game of deceit and convincingly lying hence, whispering allows the player to smartly carry out their plan and rise as the winner. Try out this feature and strengthen your play.
Happy Gaming! 🙂